Friday, January 9, 2009

This is a short post today, as DH and I are headed off to an overnight church retreat, and I've a lot to do to get us ready to go.

Did I just thoroughly confuse everyone with my attempt to describe how I cut the skirt? It was so easy to cut it, but much harder to explain how I did it! I have some left-over fabric, so if anyone is having trouble understanding my directions, I can use it to cut another piece and show more detailed photos.

Also, if you're interested in sewing a pocket on your apron (or on anything else) here's a great tutorial.

I'll post pictures of how I do it later on.

Also, I'm not sure who's an absolute beginning sewer and who's an expert. So, if I include tips that seem obvious to you, please excuse me. One thing I wanted to mention for beginners is something I learned the hard way: Every time you begin a new sewing project, put in a new needle. Also, check your needle during a project to make sure that it stays straight and is not bent. This little tip will save you a lot of frustration.

Seraphim made a guess in our "Is a pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?" contest. It's not too late to send in your guesses.

If you are taking the memory verses challenge with us, don't forget that we started with Psalm 86:3-6a. We also mentioned that Proverbs 24:3-4 is a great verse for home managers. Now, we'll add "How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings." Psalm 36:7 and "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1 I'll keep track of these on my side bar.

Happy Homemaking!
Elizabeth

No comments: