Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back in session -- Didn't make it in a year!

Well, my goal was to create a one-year course in home economics for my own improvement, as well as to share with others. However, I did have a busy year and didn't quite get to everything I hoped to study in one year. I particularly did not get to finish going over hands-on projects, such as our crochet efforts, a quick quilt, etc. So, I have extended my deadline to match my daughter's birthday -- March 21st! So, starting in the next few days, I'll be posting more about practical projects for the home and outlining a pre-spring cleaning schedule.

After that, I may continue on in my studies of home keeping, but -- if so -- that will be the subject of another blog.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear from y'all. What ways have you improved you home keeping this year? What are you goals in the home for the next year? What tips, recipes, craft patterns, etc., can you share with us? We'd all love to hear from you marvelous keepers of your homes.

Happy home keeping!
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

Glad to have you back posting. If you do decide to do another blog please let us know! For me this year my New Year's resolution is on Menu Planning. I think it will have so many benefits including saving money, healthy eating, and losing weight.
Happy New Year to you,
Nancy

Elizabeth said...

Hi Nancy,

Careful menu planning helps me as well. That's a good resolution.

Charlene said...

Part of my fresh start and working on new habits right now involves keeping the televsion turned OFF during the daytime. Even though it was supposed on just "in the background", I realize now that I watch it more than I realize, and keeping it off makes for a quieter, more peaceful atmosphere, as well getting much more done during the day.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Charlene,

That's a great goal! Alas, my weakness is HGTV and re-runs of old shows like Bonanza. I sometimes think I will just keep them on as background noise to keep me company when I'm pottering about the house alone. Then, I get sucked in and, as you say, don't get as much done as I'd like. But, when I do decide not to have TV on at all, I do get more done and the house is so much more peaceful. My husband and I set aside periods when we do not have TV on at all, day or evening, and, honestly, I think that's healthy for us.